Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Introduction

Welcome to the Linux-How-2 blog.

The goal of this blog is to educate people in the use of the Linux operating system. I will try to be as general as possible, but my main OS's are CentOS (Red Hat) and Fedora. I will be talking about other OS's and I welcome all questions.

In this blog we will go over using and learning Linux in a practical way. In short, what that means is I will be providing and demonstrating real world scenarios with Linux. For ease of education, I have divided this blog into I've sections; beginner, intermediate, advanced, scripts and projects.

The beginner section will be for basic overviews, explanations as to "why" things are done the way they are and some of the history behind Linux. The goal will be to give the learner the background and foundation to start using Linux.

In the intermediate section, I will start to go over more elaborate uses of commands, basic software configuration & usage and some system tuning techniques.

Under the advanced section the plan is to go more in-depth of system configuration and examine some of the more rare commands and their usage. I would also like to get some of your questions and add them to this section.

As you would expect scripts will be under the scripts section. Like other sections, I would like your questions or requests on what you would like to see.

In the project section you will find any of the projects I use Linux for. Again, all ideas are welcome.

I hope you enjoy this blog and I look forward to hearing from you.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment